- 05 Sep 2016
Kerala’s first ever premier conference for the fashion industry
Venue: Hotel Crowne Plaza
Date: 4th September 2016
In a first of its kind event happening in Kerala, India Fashion Summit 2016 is held in association with Kerala Tourism and will showcase the biggest icons from the world of fashion and design. The event will be held on September 4th 2016, at Hotel Crowne Plaza, Kochi and will be a national affair in which the fashion pioneers of the age such as designers Manish Malhotra, Sabyasachi Mukherjee, Rahul Mishra, Shantanu & Nikhil and Beena Kannnan, Online and Offline Fashion Retail heads such as Narendra Kumar (Chief Creative Officer, Amazon), Gautam Kotamraju ( Creative Head of Private Brands,Amazon) Pernia Qureshi (Founder of Pernia’s Pop Up Shop), Jaspreet Chandok (Vice President and Head of Fashion, IMG Reliance), Fashion stylist and consultant Prasad Bidapa fashion journalists Neena Haridas (Editor, L’Officiel) and Vinod Nair (Former Fashion Editor,Hindustan Times and Times Of India) and other prominent personalities from the world of fashion will be the main speakers. They will come together to address topics that will help tackle the challenges and further the growth of the fashion industry.
A premier conference for the fashion industry, India Fashion Summit will provide a well-rounded view of the issues that impact the fashion industry. It will seek to cover strategies that can enhance the competitiveness of the fashion business as well as issues needed to sustain the growth of the fashion industry keeping it on par with the emergence of new consumer trends and behavior.
Although the association of the word “Fashion” might make the event appealing to anyone with a remote interest in fashion, this event is aimed at those who take fashion seriously like Fashion Designers, Fashion Entrepreneurs, Marketing Heads of Fashion Brands, Fashion Models and Photographers, Fashion Icons, Fashion Journalists & Bloggers, Fashion Stylists & Makeup Artists, Fashion Students and Faculties, Visual Merchandisers of Fashion outlets, Fashion Retailers, Fashion connoisseur and consultants.
The event will be preceded by India Design Contest 2016, India’s biggest design contest for students of fashion on the same day in which 20 colleges from all over the world are participating. Following India Design Contest, the sessions of India Fashion Summit 2016 will be conducted after which the award ceremony of IDC will be conducted. The programme will wind up with FWD Lifestyle Awards which will be held before invite guests at the venue.
This season, in association with Kerala Tourism along with industry bodies to provide an ecosystem for the sustainable development of fashion, Its primary objective is to bring together various fashion stakeholders under one roof and will eventually act as an ecosystem for the effective policy making, sustainable development, platform for the budding talents. The organizers plan to run this as an annual event in leading metros in India in coming years.
- Tackle the challenges faced by today’s fashion industry.
- Building a well-connected and cooperative fashion network for tomorrow.
- Expose the budding talents in the field of fashion.
- Create a mentor platform for the budding talents.
Summit Theme - INDIAN FASHION: THE WAY FORWARD
- 15:00 hrs : SUMMIT INAUGURATION SESSION
- 15:30 hrs : Session 1 : CREATIVITY: 25 YEARS OF DESIGNER FASHION (The main speakers will be designers Sabyasachi Mukherjee,Manish Malhotra, Rahul Mishra and Shantanu & Nikhil)
- 16:30 hrs : Session 2 : RETAIL - THE CHALLENGES OF FASHION SALES (The main speakers will be online and offline retail heads Narendra Kumar, Gautam Kotamraju,Pernia Qureshi and Jaspreet Chandok)
- 17:30 hrs : TEA BREAK
- 17:45 hrs : Session 3 : FASHION & SOUTH - OPPORTUNITIES & CHALLENGES ( The main speakers will be designer Beena Kannan and fashion stylist and consultant Prasad Bidapa)
For more details, please log on to: www.indiafashionsummit.com